Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas!

On the 18th we had Christmas with my parents and sister.  We had a nice brunch of Skier's French Toast, hash browns, and bacon.  Then the present opening began.











Chloe got an Easy Bake oven, Cooper got Spygear stuff, Zane & Zac got money.











I got a book, and a case of birch beer. Kyle got money.  After presents we sat around and chatted.  Then we snacked and played games.

Kyle's parents came to spend Christmas with us.  We went and saw them at Thanksgiving as we do each year.  This is the first time we've gotten together for Christmas.

They hung out with us Christmas Eve.  We chatted, ordered pizza for dinner, and just had fun.  The kids didn't go to bed as early as I had hoped.  After they went to bed, presents were wrapped, stockings were filled.  I got hooked on a couple of Christmas movies.  I think I dozed for about 2 hours.  Then I got up to make scones.

Grandpa & Grandma came in the morning.  We had a nice Christmas breakfast of scones, eggs, hash brown scramble, bacon, monkey bread and juice.  Then the present opening began.











Chloe got a bike, some dolls, a Zhu Zhu pet, and a purse.  Cooper got Legos and Magic cards.


Zane got money, a hat and Magic Cards.  Zac got money, a hat, and shirts.  Grandma gave each of the kids a book and a science themed t-shirt.  I got movies, movies, and more movies; Despicable Me, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Family Guy, SA Christmas Carol, Corner Gas 5 & 6; and a book.  Kyle got a Sears gift card, Iron Man 2, and a netflix membership.


 After playing and talking for a while and taking naps, we had a nice Christmas dinner.  I used the china I had gotten from my  mother-in-law.  We had Cornish game hens, roasted herb potatoes, carrots, stuffing, and sparkling cider.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas celebration. Ooh, fancy table and yummy food. Can't get better than that. May you have great and joyous new year. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Mmmm..... monkey bread. I haven't had monkey bread for over 3 years! It was (and probably still is, if I ever have it again) my favorite dessert. I'm glad y'all had a good Christmas! Now it's time to get ready for the New Year! Be safe! Can't wait to see you on New Years Day!

    ReplyDelete