Saturday, March 5, 2011

Zumba

So I've started a new exercise program.  About every Wednesday evening and Saturday morning I go to a Zumba class that is held at my local Curves.  If you don't know what it is, here's the low down.  It uses Latin music; reggaeton, salsa, merengue, etc.  It works the arms, legs, abs, waist and butt.  There is a lot of booty shaking.  It really gets you working, sweating, burning calories and breathing hard.  Some of the moves are sexy.  Some of the moves remind me of African dancing and Polynesian dancing.  Here is a video of a Zumba class (not mine).  Most of the first timers and older ladies are like the girl in the white tank top and green shorts. 


At first you are self-conscious but you just need to think that people aren't watching you they are watching the instructor.  Though I know some people are watching me because I usually stand in the front row.  Not to brag, but, I've been going for a few months now and am familiar with the routines.  I feel like if I am in the front row, and someone can't see the instructor then maybe they can watch me as a back up.

I did have a horrible dream one night after a Zumba workout.  I dreamt that the back of my workout pants were threadbare in the butt and I didn't know it.  So that while we were working out my butt was hanging out for all to see.

3 comments:

  1. Thankfully it was a dream! I didn't know that was the name of the dance. I thought it was called something else! cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing it for a few months too. I LOVE it, even the booty shaking! I actually started going with my cooperating teacher and we still go together. Ha! I wish you and I were in the same class, I know you rock at it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Wish, so maybe your hubby wishes....

    ReplyDelete