Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Stress

Lately I've been under a lot of stress.  It has taken a toll on my body.  In general I feel OK, but my blood pressure has increased greatly over the past year.  I've tried to donate blood and all four times have been denied because my blood pressure is too high.

I guess it is time to make an appointment and get lots of things checked out: blood pressure, cholesterol, thyroid, knees, hips and feet, etc.

I'm an everything eater.  I eat socially (dates, parties and gatherings), absently (like while watching TV), because I'm bored (like while on the computer), emotionally (like when I'm sad because ice cream makes everything better), and with stress (usually caffeine and chocolate).  I've been trying to exercise more to work off the stress instead of eat my problems away.  I wish the following statement were true.

4 comments:

  1. I use myfitnesspal.com which is free (I have the smart phone app that is free) to track what I am eating and/or exercising. I started doing that because I am an eater too.

    I don't "diet" and using it has prevented me from dieting. However, it has helped me learn portion sizes and choose better snacks. I now carry apples and bananas with me and some fiber one bars in my purse for whenever I get hungry.

    The nice thing is everything adjusts for your height, weight, and your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time I would scrutinize everything I ate by asking myself "will I really feel better after I eat it?" and "do I really want it?" Sometimes I ate it anyway, but other times it would stop my eating it. As you can see, I do not do that now but maybe I should.
    On the health issue at hand: yes, by all means see a physician. Find out if some of these things are due to health. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just went and had a massage saturday. it was heavenly. you should get one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beyond me, but I can't remember your email!! I keep on trying to type in stuff with bbq and that is not hitting anything up. Shoot me an email :)

    I'll do the senior photos for free! You deserve it with your chipper personality, how fun you always made projects, listening to me, etc.

    ReplyDelete