Saturday, November 3, 2012

My First 5K

A coworker of mine convinced me and some other coworkers to join him in a 5K.  A few coworkers jog daily and planned to run the 5K.  Others, like me, planned to walk it.  I have never done a 5K and wasn't sure what to expect.


During times where I am exercising I would go walking and had gotten up to 2 miles and it took about 40-45 minutes to do that.  5K is 3.1 miles, I thought I could do it in 1 hour.


This race was called a Turkey Trot.  I think the winners of each age group got a certificate for a turkey.  We all got a race shirt.


I was in the Women age 35-39 division.  I placed 23rd in that division and 134th overall (but I don't know how many participated).  My time was 55:17.7 (55  minutes 17.1 seconds)


So I was under an hour.  I hope that this race will jumpstart me to exercising more.  I'd like to do another 5K and see how much time I can shave off.

No comments:

Post a Comment