Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Blah

Do you ever have those blah days? You aren't sick. It's not that particular "time" where your emotions run wild. Nothing is going on in your life (or so you think) where you are stressed or depressed. And yet, you just feel blah. For me, I feel kind of tired and apathetic.

I get these kinds of days now and again. My husband will ask, "What's wrong?" My answer is the typical "Nothing". Because there is nothing wrong. I'm not sick, it's not pms, I didn't stay up all night so I'm not tired. I didn't have a stressful, harrowing day. Nothing major happened to get me upset or depressed. But all I feel like doing is lay on the couch and watch tv.

I just say that I feel "blah". There isn't really anything to explain it. Maybe I just need a mental health day. Am I alone in having these kinds of days? Do I need to seek professional help? Is it chronic fatique? Epstein's Bar? Depression? Stress? Who knows.

Well, as I told my sister on her blog, "Ice cream makes it all better". (Which reminds me that it is the season for my favorite kind, Peppermint Ice Cream)

3 comments:

  1. my blah day was me being immature and overly-sensitive to the point of feeling sorry for myself. other "blah" days usually means mental fatigue... not necessarily physical fatigue. so - around 7pm i got my jammies on and laid on the couch in a dark living room listening to music till i fell asleep around 11:30pm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the moon is in the 7th house,
    or the tide is high, or the one hair on your arm is darker than all the others and it is growing too close to a freckle.....

    These are all reasons for a good cry or atleast a lazy day.

    I myself can tell if my Nerves Are Set, I get sooooo hungry or want to rip all my finger nails off.

    Then my nerves are satisfied and I can get on with life.

    I am sure there is a hormonal reason for these things. But suffice it to say that it is a Female Condition. None of us are alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have blah moments. Usually after a long day of getting NOTHING done.

    As for seeking professional help, I would say no unlesss your blah days are 4 a week, or if you spend your blah time having "dark" thoughts... :( Otherwise I think it is as normal as waking up one day feeling great with no good reason. It all balances out.

    ReplyDelete