Monday, November 17, 2008

Lists

I am a list maker.

I enjoy making the grocery list. I even make it in the order of the aisles I will visit.

In October I am already anxious to make a Christmas Wish List.

During the summer I make lists of what to pack for vacations, or camping trips. Already I've been making lists of what we need for our trip to Wyoming for Thanksgiving.

At my brother's first wedding in Vegas, I had made a list of all the free stuff there is to do to keep us busy. I just wanted a plan, because I didn't want to sit around Vegas going, "What do you wanna do?"

Now, my mom posted on her blog about making a list of things she wants to have happen at her funeral. I haven't gone that far...

I remember as a young girl making lists of baby names for future children (I still make lists of names that I would like to have given to babies).

I make lists of things I want in a dream house. I've collected floor plans. I've saved clippings of items and styles that I like.

You'd think that I was so organized and goal accomplishing and such. The problem is, I make the lists or plan, but I don't always work the plan. That is something I need to work on. We all have our strengths and we all have areas that need strengthening.

2 comments:

  1. some people are great starters, but need help/motivation finishing.

    other people are great finishers, but it takes them forever to get started.

    Me? I just like to make lists of people who make lists...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A thought to paper, a paper to plan, a plan to work. That is order. Some times all you need to do is get it organized in your head. Works for me.

    ReplyDelete