Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Anniversary?

Friday, May 1st was Kyle's and my 16th wedding anniversary. This is what our Friday was like. I had work, Kyle sent me roses there (aw). Then I had class. Kyle left work a little early to take Cooper to his soccer game. We all met up at Carl's Jr. for dinner. Then I took all the boys to a sleepover at a friend's house for his birthday. Chloe and I spent the night grocery shopping.

Saturday, May 2nd. Spent morning cleaning house. I picked up kids from sleepover and drove to sister's house for her daughter's birthday party. Meanwhile, Kyle stayed home and worked on his car. After party, go home and finish cleaning house. Kyle's parents came over for a visit. We went out to dinner. Kyle and his mom fight over who's paying for dinner. She wins. She has cake sent over with a "Happy Anniversary".

Sunday, May 3rd, this is our 15th anniversary of being sealed in the temple. I substitute for Cooper's Primary class. Have a nice dinner at home with the family. We talk, watch some shows together.

Monday, May 4th. I take the day off of work to get some school things managed. We go out for breakfast with Kyle's folks. I stuff myself with strawberry french toast (yum). We spend a little time shopping, then relaxing at the house. See the kids when they get home from school and then Grandma & Grandpa have to take off to go back to Wyoming. I leave for class.

Now, I'm not complaining about all that we had to or got to do. We had some really nice visits with family and friends. But, Kyle and I felt (especially on Friday) that this was supposed to be our day, and we spent it doing for others. I suppose I'm being selfish, I wouldn't trade the time I spent visiting with my in-laws, or the fun my children had at their two birthday parties. And hey, I got two nice meals out of the deal. So, what better way to celebrate a weekend than spending it with family and friends.

3 comments:

  1. that's sounds pretty good to me. especially the strawberry french toeast part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but a "date" would have been nice too... then again, as homer puts it, "what's the point when we'll end up right back here anyway?" - right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you and Kyle still deserve some kind of night out. I don't think that's selfish.

    ReplyDelete