Thursday, April 30, 2009

Smile, it's contagious

So today while waiting at the copy center having a book spiral bound, I saw this posted on the wall:

Smile first thing in the morning (and get it over with).

At first as I began reading this my mind jumped ahead and I assumed the poster would say something like, Smile first thing in the morning and you will have a smile all the day long. But instead, it threw me a curve-ball with the - "and get it over with".

What is this supposed to mean? Smile in the morning, then you don't have to make the effort to smile the rest of the day? Is this person just a downer? Am I reading too much into this poster? Is it supposed to be funny? satirical? I don't have the answers. I just thought it was something worth blogging about and getting others' opinion.

Though, I must say, it sounds like something Maxine of the greeting cards would say.

3 comments:

  1. that sounds exactly like something maxine would say. i think it's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a smile is the nicest thing someone can wear, and it doesn't cost a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh mom...gag!

    anyway - somedays i feel like that... but in general, i do try to smile at everyone, including complete strangers. i dont know why i like it... i just do! (hey! are those lyrics to a song?)

    ReplyDelete