Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New Teacher Training

So this week I've been attending a new teacher training called Running Start.  It is put on by the Utah Personnel Development Center.

Most of the topics I have already learned about in my Special Education program but, it is a good refresher.  Also, the presenters may have another view point or a different slant on that topic, that has been beneficial.  Most of us are new teachers this year.  Then there are some experienced teachers acting as coaches for us.  My coach is from the school district where I will be interning.  She has been very helpful and given lots of insight about my class.

Not only are the presentations good, but we have been given some free stuff.  I got a bag, binder, pencil case, and door prizes.  Also, they provide breakfast and lunch.  The food is awesome.  Kyle was so jealous that we had steak for lunch and biscuits & gravy for breakfast.  We all commented that we are going to gain so much weight by the end of the week.

Also, I am getting a stipend to attend the training.  (that means I am getting paid to attend).  Bonus!

1 comment: