Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin Party 2011

This year I feel my pumpkin party was rushed.  It didn't get invites out as early as I should have.  I rushed to clean the house before the party.  We also had our roof redone that week (I will post about that next).

The menu this time included both the sweet and savory pumpkin dips, Thai pumpkin soup, sausage stuffed pumpkin, pumpkin shaped sugar cookies, pumpkin mango smoothies, and my sister brought pumpkin brownies.


Sweet Pumpkin Dip, serve with cookies, graham crackers or apple slices.


Savory Pumpkin Dip, serve with crackers or veggies.


Thai Pumpkin Soup, this had more flavor than the last pumpkin soup I tried.  I'll probably make this again.


Sausage Stuffed Pumpkin, it has Italian sausage, rice, currants, curry, and shallots.  This has been a crowd-pleaser each year.


Pumpkin Mango Smoothie, it had pumpkin, mango, yogurt, ice, and sugar.  Kyle liked this, and even Zane liked it.


This is a book I found at my public library.  It is where I got the soup and smoothie recipes.  It also has a Pumpkin BBQ sauce recipe that I want to try.  Oh, the lantern was the prize for the best pumpkin carving.


I found these cute little salt & pepper shakers when shopping with my sister and her neighbor at Rainbow Gardens Gift Shops in Odgen.

The kids carved pumpkins. Kienna and Cooper each carved a big pumpkin eating a little pumpkin.  I tried making a slingshot to launch pumpkins, but it didn't work out so well.  I have plans to modify my design.  I would love to build or buy a trebuchet for next year to chuck pumpkins.


3 comments: