Thursday, April 5, 2012

A day in Salt Lake City

So today is the first day of my Spring Break.  I tried to sleep in a bit, but was getting the kids off to school.

I hung around the house, caught up on some TV shows on the DVR.  Then went to run errands in Salt Lake City.  First I stopped by my sister's house to drop off a tool for her to take to my dad's house in Nevada.  Then I went to Simmons Media Group offices at Trolley Corner to pick up the T-shirt I won.


Then I took myself to lunch.  I had heard about a German deli called Siegfried's Delicatessen.  I had their special for the day, knackwurst and 2 sides.  I chose sauerkraut, and spaetzle with gravy.  I had Almdudler Limonade to drink, and a slice of chocolate hazelnut cake for dessert.


It was all very good.  I'd like to go again and try other things on their menu.  They had many things for sale: kinder chocolates, marzipan, noodles, cookies, pickles, beets, crackers, mixes, candies, mugs, t-shirts, deli meats and cheeses, and fish.  I bought a slice of black forest cake to take home to Kyle and some Hungarian style pickles.

1 comment: