Monday, May 7, 2012

Overhaul

So today I went to the doctor to have some things checked out.  I needed a physical to attend Woodbadge for scouting and had some other issues I needed looked at. At the end, I felt like a car taken to the shop to get its engine overhauled.

The last four times I've tried to donate blood I've been turned away because my blood pressure was too high.  Sure enough, it was high at the doctor's too.  So he's put me on a hypertension medicine called Zestoretic.  I hope it helps.  Oh, they also did an EKG for a baseline.

I also had blood drawn and they will check it to see if I have diabetes or hypoglycemia.  They'll also check my thyroid.  I was also given a tetanus shot (since I couldn't remember when I last had one and they didn't have any record of giving me one).

Bottom line, I could remedy many of my issues if I lost weight, lots of weight.  Hopefully my blood pressure will come down, I can keep Type II Diabetes away, and my knee joints would be relieved of some pressure.

1 comment:

  1. Things do tend to pop up as we age. But now we know how to treat and handle them. You can still live a productive life as a decrepid "old" person. =)

    ReplyDelete