Friday, September 26, 2008

Puppy Love & The Dating Game

So my mom posted on her blog about guys she had dated and whether it was a win or lose situation.

Of course, that got me thinking about my love life.

I remember having a crush on this kid Joel in Kindergarten. I also remember this kid Jamal having a crush on me, that one recess he ran up to me, kissed my cheek and ran away.

In second grade it was DeWayne that I loved. We would sit together on the bus. Then my family moved.

From age 8 to 14 I had a crush on JG. His family moved away (heartbreak) but they would come back and visit every so often, so I would get to see him and it would
re-ignite my crush.

We (my sisters and I) were not able to date until age 16. But unbeknownst to Mom(at least I think it was unbeknownst to Mom) I did have boyfriends. We were 'going' together. There was Chris, Jason, and Wayne.

Fast forward to dating age. My first official date actually turned out to be JG. I guess love won for a crush to become an actual date.

Then I dated Wayne. I loved his southern drawl. He really treated me like a lady. He even called my mother "Mom". I loved that my family just welcomed him. But, he ended up moving back to Tennessee, so, love lost.

Then I met Fredric. My sister and his brother got us together. When we were first talking, finding out about each other, we were outside. He did the classic move of sizing up our hands to see how much bigger his were than mine. He commented that my hands were cold, so I said, "So, why don't you warm them up?" So smooth. He ended up going on a mission, then Dear Jane-ing me while on his mission. So, love lost.

I dated a few guys in college; Dow, Rene, Ken and Tom. I would consider them breaking even.

Then I went to Wyoming to spend Thanksgiving with my cousin, who arranged for a guy to drive me. I thought the guy was cute and the rest is history. 15 years and 4 kids later, we are still going strong. So, love won.

3 comments:

  1. i think you ended up with the right one... win-win for both...or at least for you!!! hahaha! just kidding!!! you two are great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I think love won, you won, and I hope Kyle feels he won. And just between you and me.... Kyle and I talk on a rare occasion and I am pretty sure he feels he has won. You are his true partner and although a handful, you "got his back". And he "has yours".
    Wasn't it fun going down memory lane. And by the way... I will not tell you the stuff I knew or did not know. You will find out for yourself about observation, mother's intuition, snitches around you, etc. when your boys are just a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to hear more of the story about this cute guy from Wyoming. I've heard it before but I like it.

    ReplyDelete