Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkin Party

We had a lot of fun at the Pumpkin Party.  We got a late start, but once we started there was no stopping.

For eats we had a stuffed pumpkin, a savory pumpkin dip with crackers, a sweet pumpkin dip with cookies and crackers, pumpkin gooey bars, pumpkin streusel bars, pumpkin muffins and pumpkin-shaped cookies for the kids to frost and decorate.



The kids also got to do some Punkin' Chuckin'.  There were targets in the back yard, sling-shots for the smaller pumpkins and when they ran out of pumpkins they started shooting crab apples.



We also had pumpkin carving.  There were some funny faces, a lion and Chloe's name.



There was plenty of good conversation and games.  This is my second annual party.  I've been thinking about having parties featuring other foods.  Hmm, almost like my own Iron Chef, each dish must contain the featured ingredient.

4 comments:

  1. ok, so i put this event in my blackberry... don't know what happened, other than MAJOR migraine during church. Came home and fell asleep almost instantly... i think i was still irritated by 2 comments i had received that day. anyway... around 2 o'clock this morning, I realized i forgot ALL ABOUT THE PUMPKIN PARTAY!!!!! UGH!!!!! I was sooo irritated with myself! I was looking forward to it, and even bought all the ingredients for MY pumpkin recipe! :(

    looks like fun. Incidentally, what are "crap apples"??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I meant crab apples. I'll go correct that now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had a great time. Glad it was another success. Keep me posted about future parties that would include far away party crashers... you never know. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds cool. i like the idea of iron chefing it. i should try that.

    ReplyDelete