Sunday, October 4, 2009

Kyle and his big boy pants

We had a pipe leaking under the house in the crawl space.  Kyle and Zane went to check it out.  There was a pool of water that was moldy.  Anyway, it has been making the house smell like mildew.  At first I thought it was the garbage disposal or the broken dishwasher.  Well, we remedied those.  Turns out it was a busted pipe.

So, Kyle went to Home Depot and bought a replacement pipe.  Then to prepare for his subterranean fix-it job, he suited up.  He got on his grungy denim shirt.  Then he got on his Carhart tan work overalls.  He told me that he may need my help getting the shoulder straps on.  Then I said, "Aw, do you need help getting dressed?  Does little Kyle need help getting his big boy pants on?"  He made some comment about that's why he keeps me around, because if we were divorced there wouldn't be anybody to help him get his work clothes on.

So, Kyle and Zane went below, switched out the bad pipe.  They will probably go back under tomorrow to fix another leaky spot.  Kyle thinks we need to have our pipes snaked.  I'll be sure to keep you all posted because I know that you are just on the edge of your seats to see how my pipes turn out.

6 comments:

  1. He's got to go back under today, so I hope to get a picture, I'll add it to this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait for the next installment of this story

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Kyle mention there might have been crawly things down there? The suspense thickens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did ask Kyle about the spiders down there. He said there were a lot, but he also thought there were a lot more flies because of the stagnant water down there. So feeding ground for the spiders. As long as I don't have to see them. Ewww!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No. I don't really want to know about your plumbing.

    Yes. I'd like to know if he sees anything out of the ordinary while he is down there.

    ReplyDelete