Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Quality TV Time

It seems like most of the shows we like are on the same night but different channels.  We like Fringe on FOX, Supernatural on the CW, The Office on NBC and the new show Community.  We got Comcast and we can DVR our shows, but it only lets us record two shows at a time.  If you are recording two shows at the same time you have to watch one of those shows.  You can't watch a third show on a different channel.  So we've had to resort to watching two of our shows online.  Kyle and I watched the season premiere of The Office online together.  Then the next week we DVRd Supernatural and Fringe.  So I come home from class the next day and Kyle is watching The Office without me.  I felt a little dejected.  The next day during lunch when Kyle was home, I had some spare time.  I announced that I guess I could watch The Office since I hadn't seen it yet and Kyle watched it without me.  I went ahead and got online and watched it.  Kyle finished his lunch and went on to work.

I then get a text from Kyle saying that he had watched The Office because he didn't know how important it was that we watch it together.  Then I texted back saying I now know how Homer Simpson felt when Marge was going out with the neighbor lady on a Thursday night.  Homer says, "but that's our special night."  Then Marge asks, "What's so special about it?"  Then Homer say, "Oh, I don't know, a little something called Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman."

3 comments:

  1. oh I forgot to watch the office. Darn it. Well hopefully Kyle will wait for you next time, or he'll at least be secret about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i better watch the office online before the next episode tonight. i don't want to be lost. derek and i hardly have any shows that we watch together. pretty much the only show we agree on is family guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... you sound like you have a rough life. alomst like living in a 3rd world country... no wonder you feel dejected. :)

    ReplyDelete