Thursday, September 17, 2009

Research Assistant

I got a job as a research assistant!  I'm excited!  It isn't much in the pay department.  I will only be working 5-7 hours a week at $8.00 an hour.  That will be a change from the 30 hours a week at $12.00 an hour I had been working.  But, since school started I had no job.  So, even the meager pay is better than nothing.  I have bittersweet feelings that I wasn't hired back to my old job because of my college classes.  I hate that my classes have caused me to lose my job.  But, since I haven't been working I have been able to accomplish a lot, both in the homework and housework departments.

What this new job means to me is flexible hours.  I will still have time to do my studies and take care of my family needs.  I think it will be a good experience working with a professor and the program director.  Kyle says that this position of research assistant will be a good thing to put on my resume.

What the job entails, as far as it has been explained to me, is that we are putting together these packets.  It includes a book and then lessons for the week pertaining to the book.  The lessons focus on different aspects of the book, like social, language, etc.  The job also has clerical tasks, data collection, interviewing, attending meetings, recording the minutes, and I don't know what else.  Today I meet with Human Resources to get all my information, start a timecard, etc.

3 comments:

  1. i am gad you like it and are excited... honestly, it would not be my cup of tea... you lost me at "research"... hahaha! good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete