Friday, September 11, 2009

After 16 years he still surprises me

Last month sometime Kyle asked me if I felt that any of our anniversaries were memorable.  Our 16th wedding anniversary was May 1st.

I remembered that we used to go out to eat at Magleby's for our anniversary dinner because where he worked at the time would give an anniversary gift certificate.  But, he hasn't worked there for at least 5 years. 

Then I tried to remember what specific gifts we got each other for our anniversary.  I couldn't think of anything really special.  Lots of times we would just get each other a card, go out to dinner, and maybe get a gift.  The gift was usually a movie, music or something to that effect, and the gift was usually belated (have to work around pay-day).

So, Kyle schemed a scheme.  He debated on telling me his plan or just letting it be a surprise.  But then he thought he better tell me so that I don't schedule something on that day.  Kyle got us tickets to go see Jim Gaffigan at Kingsbury Hall.  He also made arrangements for my sister to watch the kids, overnight.  He is also looking at reserving a hotel room so that we don't have to drive home so late at night from Salt Lake City.

Now, maybe the thought of going to see a stand-up comedian isn't your idea of a romantic getaway, but the fact that he planned an enjoyable weekend for just the two of us is romantic. 

5 comments:

  1. yes that's amazing. is it just for anyhow? I mean is it celebrating anything or just because? I always knew I liked that Kyle. Smart man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i wish jim gaffigan would come to reno. derek and i just love him and his routine. i think seeing a good comedian is totally romantic. jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the weekend getaway is a just because, or a make-up for lack luster anniversaries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy!!! i have the new album on my ipod... hilarious. i am sure in person is better. keenan will be there.

    p.s. your kids arent allergic to benadryl, are they? lol!!!!!

    ReplyDelete