Saturday, September 26, 2009

Big Date Night

The evening started by dropping off the kids at Aunt Emma's house.  The kids had a great time playing video games with their cousins.

Then it was dinner at Tucanos.  If you don't know what this is, it's a Brazilian Grill restaurant.  www.tucanos.com   I love their grilled pineapple, the garlic sirloin, and the teriyaki beef.



Then we went over to Kingsbury Hall to watch stand-up comedian Jim Gaffigan.  He did his bit about Hot Pockets which got tons of applause.  He also did his bit about bacon which also got tons of applause.  We were cracking up and had a great time.



Our final destination of the evening was Little America Salt Lake City.  We had a king bed suite on the 14th floor.  There was a balcony, flat screen TV, and just all around swankyness.  I have never stayed at a hotel that had bell-hops, concierge, and everyone was dressed up in suits and uniforms.  I felt like I was in a TV show about a hotel.  There were marble floors, a grand staircase, a baby grand piano in the lobby, and high-end gift shops.  It was a lovely evening.  For the next day, I got to sleep in and lounge around in the morning.  We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant, I had the Shrimp Etoufee Omelet.  It was fine and tasty.

It was great just spending quality time with the hubby.  Thanks Hubby for a great time!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you didn't go into too much detail about the hotel stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I only got one comment about this post, I'm beginning to wonder if I should have told how much chocolate I got at the hotel. That would have brought in the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's funny and gross at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so... um how come so little detail about the hotel stay?? HMMMM???

    ReplyDelete
  5. she already told us about the hotel stay. she said it was like being in a hotel on tv. so they probably met some twins and had some wacky adventures. or they found a dead body in the pool and the csi guys came. you know, normal tv hotel type stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, that sounds like it was so much fun! You deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete