Saturday, November 14, 2009

BYU Campus, a nature preserve?

Friday I had some work to do on campus and Chloe came with me.  As we were walking up the hill, we saw two deer on the trail.  They seemed lost.  First they crossed the trail ducking under the railing.  Then they went up the hill a ways.  Then they back tracked down, ducked under the railing, and continued down the hill.



 After I did what work I could, we took a different path down the hill to the parking lot.  We stopped by the pond to see the duck.  There were lots of them.  Some of the ducks were fighting over an acorn that they found.  We stood by the pond, all the ducks in the pond started heading our way and all the ones on the ground started coming toward us too.  We just stood there, they just stood there looking at us expectantly.  I think they were expecting us to throw them some food.  Too bad we didn't have any bread.  When they realized we didn't have anything, they moved away.




After we watched a few splash-landings Chloe decided to chase a few ducks.  She got all the ducks in the pond.  What a good little herder.



















Next time we go to look at the ducks I'll be sure to bring some bread.

3 comments:

  1. how cute! she's such a great little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love cheap entertainment -- and educational to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet Chloe had a blast. Eades came with me on campus once last year and he's still talking about it. We didn't even see anything cool like deer or ducks.

    ReplyDelete