Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Personal Space

For my Instructional Psychology and Technology class we had to make a self-modeling video.  We picked a social skill that we could emulate inappropriately and appropriately.  My group chose to model respecting the personal space of others and not being a "space invader".  Here you will see Autumn, Katie and Cami going up to random and unsuspecting people on BYU campus displaying the inappropriate ways to interact with others.  Then, I make an appearance (and Chloe) in displaying appropriate personal space distance.

Space Invaders

I hope you watched the end credits.  After watching our video you have to take a look at our inspiration for this social skill.  Here is Aaron 'the close talker', played by Judge Reinhold on Seinfeld.

Seinfeld clip

To everyone out there, be aware of your space bubble.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it....I laughed so hard at the couple that had the guy who kept putting his arm around his girlfriend and rotated around and around to avoid the "invader" touching him! haha! awesome! I hope you got full points on the assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah - i KNOW why YOU didn't do the "wrong way"... cuz you would not have been able to keep a straight face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly! I do not have a poker face when it comes to these kinds of things. I would have been smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

    ReplyDelete