Monday, November 16, 2009

Lost Dog

As I walked home from choir practice yesterday this dog was following me.  I figured after I got inside my house she would go away.  Nope.  She hung around.  Cooper and Chloe went outside to play in the snow and the dog was still there.  She followed the kids around.  They played fetch with her.  We found a tennis ball to throw to her.  We gave her some water.  Chloe tried to feed the dog some cat food.

Kyle called the police animal control department.  The guy doesn't work on Sunday so we'll have to call back on Monday.  Our choices were to leave the dog out and maybe she'll find her way home, or keep her contained over night until someone could pick her up in the morning.  We left her outside until we were ready to go to bed.  She was still out there.  So I put her in the garage with a blanket and some water.

This morning I let her out hoping she would just go home.  Nope.  She has been hanging around.  So after the kids left for school I called the police department for animal control.  She said that she would send the guy over.

Here are some pictures of the dog.  I think she's a boxer mix.

















Look at those big brown eyes.  How could I turn her over to the doggie police?
I have three cats, a broken fence and no dog supplies, nor any money to buy such things.

4 comments:

  1. good job! let's hope that dog is microchipped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am hoping for a chip too! i could tell you a few stories involving a microchip... but my kids dont know, and i've cried enough for one day... hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute doggy. Hopefully they'll find the owners or someone else wants a nice dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey greenolive, it's nice to see you back.

    ReplyDelete