Monday, August 25, 2008

Little Known Facts

So my sister had posted Dirty Little Secrets about herself based on her friends' 100 Things About Me. So here are mine.

I hate bananas! I don't like the texture, smell or taste. It makes me gag and feel nauseous. But my mom says as a youngster I would inhale bananas. She'd peel one for me, turn to get one for my sister, and mine would be gone.

I love pickles! I hate cucumbers but I love pickles. I like sweet gherkins, baby dill, kosher dill, polish dill and hamburger dill. I'm not a big fan of bread 'n butter pickles. I love to have pickles or relish on sandwiches (burgers, peanut butter, lunch meat, etc). Yes, I said pickles and peanut butter. Once, I was eating a big kosher dill and using a spoon to eat peanut butter out of the jar. My roommates were wondering if I had anything I needed to tell them.

My favorite TV shows are the Simpson's, The Office, The Closer, Monk, Psych, Supernatural, The Soup, Cash Cab, Ice Road Truckers and I used to watch Gilmore Girls, West Wing and X-files. I do have a dirty little secret, I like trash TV. I have watched Rock of Love, Flavor of Love, I Love New York and I Love Money. But my favorite is The Girls Next Door. I am just fascinated by how low people will go in search of 'love' but really it is just lust.

I love chocolate! I crave chocolate. I am usually the first to finish the candy in my Christmas stocking, Easter basket or Halloween bag. Kyle on the other hand takes forever to eat his. I usually snitch some from him or just ask him out right, "Are you gonna eat that or what?"

I am a sap. Lately I've been very emotional. I come home from church with headaches because I've been holding in the sobs. I cry at movies and TV shows. I even cry at Hallmark and LDS commercials. I love the one with the little girl who comes into the parents' bedroom and asks her father if he would read her a story. He says that he's tired and that she should ask mommy. The little girl goes around to mom's side of the bed and asks if Daddy can read her a story. It gets me every time. I also get choked up during the Star Spangled Banner and when I hear certain songs. I think the first movie I cried at was Puff the Magic Dragon, when at the end Puff wouldn't let Jackie Paper go with him.

I love to make lists, plans and schedules. At least a week or more before a trip I am making lists of what to pack, things to do and see. I like making rosters, making shopping lists (I make mine in the order of the aisles at the grocery store), and listing ideas for projects. Even though I make lists and plan things, I don't always accomplish the goal or task that the list was made for. Like I've made lists or plans for exercise and weight loss. But...

I have CDO, which is OCD in alphabetical order, as it should be. I am anal retentive or have OCD tendencies. Every place for every thing, and every thing in its place. I like things to be in order, whether it be alphabetical, numerical, rainbow color order, genre, whatever. There must be an order or theme to things.

Give me a life situation and I can probably think of a Simpson's Episode to relate it to. (Or maybe a Seinfeld episode).

I have a song for everything. Now, I don't know the whole song, just the clip that relates. So if you told me I was crazy, I'd start singing "Crazy, crazy for feeling so lonely." Or if you said "But I want it", I would come back with Rolling Stones' "You can't always get what you want."

I am scared of spiders! Yuck! I don't like to look at them, I won't even look at pictures or touch pictures of them. I can kill them if they are small and not above my head. But in order to kill a spider I have to get on my spider killing gear, which includes flat bottomed shoes, a toilet brush and hairspray. See, the flat bottomed shoes are so you can step on it, tennis shoes have tread where a spider may hide and not get squished. The toilet brush is so you can stab the spider, then shake into the toilet and flush away. The alcohol in the hairspray suffocates the spider and the hairspray makes it so the spider can't run away from you. (easier to stab). I cannot do the tissue smash or smash with my bare hands. Ewwww! You can feel them crunch. Ugh!

I like to shock people. Whether it is something I say or do. I know that I look young and innocent. Then out of the blue I will say something so outrageous that makes you surprised. Like people I work with or have classes with are always shocked to learn that I am 35 with 4 kids with the oldest being 14! No Way! They say, I thought you were like 25. Or once I got to work early in the morning and announced to some coworkers that I got me some last night. I just like to see the surprised look.

That's all I can think of right now that I'm willing to admit.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I had no idea you loved pickles so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i knew everything here...

    but you should clarify that your CDO tendancies aren't THAT bad... I mean, you don't have ticks like flipping on and off the light swtiches or anything. You don't let it RULE your life. And you can actually live in your house! I mean I have a friend who is SOOOOO OCD that one spec of dirt on the floor practically has her shopping for brand new carpet! hahaha!

    Also - if you like shocking us sooo much - tell us something really secretive!!!!! c'mon...I dare ya!

    Hahaha! good post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, what is SO shocking that I would be willing to post for public viewing. I will have to think on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and about pickles, I forgot to add that I like pickle flavored potato chips.

    ReplyDelete