Sunday, January 18, 2009

Caffeine Junkie Update

I still have not had any caffeinated drinks. I have had Fresca, Caffeine Free Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi. But I've had those sparingly. I think I'd like to limit soda pop to just the weekends, and try to do without on the weekdays.

For Family Home Evening this past Monday we read the articles in the December Ensign and New Era about caffeinated drinks, mostly energy drinks, and discussed our own experiences. I told the kids about my cravings and withdrawal symptoms and what that means to me. The article was very eye-opening.

4 comments:

  1. YEA! That's great, thanks for the update. I wish I were there, I'd throw you a party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's nice that you are getting the kids involved. it's good that you are reading articles. there are plenty of scientific magazines that will tell you all the evils of soda in general, not just caffeinated ones. basically, it's the worst kind of candy of all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read an article about what caffine really is, and what it really does to the body when I was in Spain. I quit drinking caffine, and by extension soday that day. I still have one from time to time when it is offered to me at someones house, and I have tried sugar free pop at home for a while once. But after so many years of drinking it, it is just TOO sweet for me....

    ReplyDelete