Thursday, January 1, 2009

Holidays

Holy cow! has it been that long since my last blog?

Dec. 6 Well, we had a nice Christmas with my folks. We were their final stop on their Cross-Country Christmas Tour. We all got nice presents, played fun games and had lots of good food to eat.

Dec. 13 Kyle and I went and bought a fresh Christmas Tree. A live one always makes the house smell so good, and it's fun trying to find just the right one. The next day, after church we decorated the tree. The whole family was not involved due to lack of interest. Kyle napped on the couch, Zac & Zane were playing video games. I had Christmas music playing while I got out the ornaments and Cooper & Chloe hung them on the tree. I just had to do some minor spacing adjustments. First I put on the lights and the garland. Next all the ornaments, then the placing of the angel on top as the finale.

Dec. 24th 11pm had to send the kids to bed so I could fill up stockings and wrap the final presents and place them under the tree.

Dec 25th. I was up around 7am. Everyone else was sleeping. I start putting breakfast together. A couple kids get up around 7:30am. My brother calls around 8-ish. He's surprised we haven't torn through the presents yet. I declare that if they aren't awake on their own by 9am, I'm getting them up. Amazingly, everyone is awake by 8:45am. As tradition we open presents from the youngest to the oldest. Everybody got some of what they wanted and more.

Between Christmas and the New Year it was stay up late, sleep in late and do nothing all day. We've just relaxed and played around.

Dec. 31st Go to my friend Shelley's house. We got there around 8pm. We ate lots of food and played board games. At seven minutes before midnight we got everyone together. The adults got their glasses of sparkling grape juice. The kids got their pots and pans to bang together outside. The kids also got out the fireworks to celebrate. Midnight came and the fireworks began. The adult couples toasted and kissed their loved ones. Another couple hours of games and we were home by 2:45am.

I'm just glad I have a weekend to recuperate and try to get back into a schedule before work and school start on Monday.

Sorry for the journal-like entry. You'd think that since I'm sitting around doing nothing I would have plenty of time to blog. But you must take into account that since I'm doing nothing I have no activities to blog about. Well, I shouldn't say I've done nothing. I've gotten four lessons of an online class knocked out this week. So, I've at least been productive.

5 comments:

  1. I've been eagerly awaiting your next blog. I think you guys spent your Christmas break the right way. Not too busy and getting that great sleeping in time. We've been sleeping in too but we usually still go to bed at the same time as usual because I'm exhausted and ready for bed. By the way, where do you do your online schooling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you on the school. i spent most of the day today lying on my bed... wondering what i should first, until i realized it's too late to start anything major now! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice holiday time. Did you take a picture of the tree? Did you take pictures of the children opening gifts? If you did please post some.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. finally, a new blog! i'll have to let derek know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm taking classes both on BYU campus and through Independent Study.

    ReplyDelete