Friday, July 24, 2009

Cats

I have 3 cats. I like cats. They are independent and you don't have to do much with them. Just brush them, feed them, and attend to their litter box. You don't have to entertain them, exercise them, etc. Kyle teases me that I'm just one cat away from being the Crazy Cat Lady. While I like my cats, they are not my kids. I don't view them as my babies. If one got hit by a car I would be sad, "Aww" but I wouldn't feel the need to replace them, or have a memorial for them.

I like dogs. I don't have a dog but I would like one. Kyle says I can have a dog if I get rid of a few cats. Also, we would need to fix our fence which got broken by our last dog, who was a notorious escape artist. I'm hoping I can talk him into buying me a dog as a graduation present.

I view myself as an animal lover. I like pets. I hate to see animals abused or mistreated. But I don't put pets above humans as some people do.

There has been this stray white tom cat around the neighborhood. I don't know if he belonged to anyone in the neighborhood for he had no collar and he just looked mange-y. This cat is a nuisance. He teases and torments the neighbor's dog. He poops in her flower garden. He bothers my cats. He gets into fights with them. He made a big gash in Paco's leg (my gray kitty) which got infected. Paco's leg swelled up and he couldn't bear weight on it. After an antibiotic shot from the vet he began to heal.


The white cat also gets into Kyle's garage and sprays his scent everywhere. YUCK! This is Kyle's man-cave. You don't mess with his man-cave. It's bad enough that I put the litter box there so it wouldn't stink up the house.

So one night, we happened to notice that he was in the garage, again. We were able to trap him in there. We put this cat out of our misery. I will spare you the details, but let's just say, "Good riddance!"

4 comments:

  1. wow...um... i am speechless. doesn't happen much, so enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you put it in a garbage can with an ether capsule and put heavy bricks on the can lid?

    No, WE NEVER DID THAT....just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like cats, too. derek hates them. my plan is to get some cats after derek dies and then live like a recluse. then i really will be the crazy cat lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Koen wants to know what happened to the cat.

    ReplyDelete