Monday, July 27, 2009

Exercise

I've been a member of Curves for about 2 years. I have gone through phases of working out regularly and not working out. I usually lose the drive to work out when I've plateaued in weight. But on the mornings when I do workout, I feel better and have more energy. Sometimes I chose to sleep in instead of exercising. Kyle wonders why I don't go in the afternoons. I don't like to go after work because I'm tired, I want to unwind, and when I have class Curves isn't open that late.

But I have a renewed desire to exercise and lose weight. I've started the Curves SmartTrek. What I like about this is that it is computerized. The gadget can tell how much strength you are using on the machine. It lets you know if you are working too hard or not enough. It counts your reps. It tells you when your circuit is done. It tells you your muscle strengths and weaknesses. And, it tells you how many calories you burned in your workout.

Today I had my highest calorie burning workout, 616 calories! Wow! Saturday I burned 604 calories and that had been my highest. Today I really worked it because I wanted to burn about as much. I'm psyched.

Another thing that I've been doing is walking in the evenings with Kyle. We go around 8pm. We started walking 1 mile and now we are up to 2.2 miles. I am more motivated to go walking when someone goes with me. We prompt each other when it is time to go. Sometimes we have good conversations on our walks, other times it is a comfortable silence (except for the heavy breathing). I'd like to know how many calories we burn on our walk so I'll be google-ing that.

I'm hoping to lose a bunch of weight by Christmas. It would be nice to get a new wardrobe for a Christmas gift.

3 comments:

  1. i hear ya! you are preachin to the choir, hehehe. except no one will be around to get me a new wardrobe... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for you. Atta Girl! Both of you... guess Kyle isn't a girl. Though there is talk about him being a Girlie Man...just kidding...hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would just like to fit into my old wardrobe. It would be just like Christmas for me.

    ReplyDelete