Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Baby Names

I was reading my sister's blog and she was talking about baby names.  So of course I had to copy her idea and post names of my own.

I can remember making lists of names for my future children.  I thought that I would have 8 children.  So of course I had to have 8 girls names and 8 boy names on the off chance I would have 8 of one gender.  When I was pregnant with my first child, I still had that list and just handed it to my husband and told him to pick what name he likes from that list.

I don't think I still have that list, but I do have a baby name book that I  made notes in.  Here are the names that I like/liked or have considered when I've been pregnant.


Girl Names
Anne or Annette
Arlynne
Ashe
Bess
Beth
Carissa
Caycee
Caylee
Chloe
Corinne
Dawn
Elizabeth
Holly
Jennifer
Jessica
Katharine
Kendall
Kenna
Kerry
Kimberly
Kylee
Lynne or Lynnette
Mallory
Mindy
Molly
Sabrina
Stephanie
Tiffany
Vanessa
Veronica
Zaidee or Sadie
Zoe

Boy Names
Aaron
Aidan
Alexander
Allan
Austin
Axel
Benjamin
Chandler
Conner
Cooper
Evan
Jeffrey
Jeremy
Jonathan
Joshua
Kendall
Kendrick
Matthew
Nash
Nathan or Nathaniel
Scott
Sebastian
Timothy
Zachary
Zander
Zane

I try to figure out if I were to have twins, would I give them names that start with the same letter, or would I give them rhyming names?  Jennifer & Jonathan, Jen & Ben, Molly & Holly, Molly & Mindy, etc.  I've even considered Annemarie & Maryanne.  I told my sister once to name her daughter Mary Annette.  (she could be her little puppet).

I still make lists of names.  I guess for the children I would like to have but will never have.  Maybe I am just preparing for the day when I have grandchildren and can give suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. yes, mary annette would have been cute. i used to make list of names that i liked. derek vetoed all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i am sure your children will be thrilled with your suggestions! lol!

    i am realizing you have a lot of "born in the 70's" names on your list. Veronica, Kimberly, Dawn, Mallory, Vannessa.. interesting.

    ReplyDelete