Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Meet my babies

My babies are about 7 weeks old.  They are both girls.

Meet Pepper.
 
Pepper is gray with big black spots over her eyes and ears.  She has a little black spot on her tail.  She also has dark shading on the backs of her front legs between the elbows and wrists.  It looks like she is wearing armbands or legwarmers.  She is the quieter of the two.  She is more calm and docile, but she will join in the fun and play.  She will not walk on the leash.  She just stands there.  

Meet Speck.
Speck is white with big black spots over her eyes and ears.  She too has a black spot on her tail.  She has lots of little black dots and specks.  I especially like the ones around her nose.  She is more active and vocal.  She will walk on a leash and does a pretty good job keeping up with me.

Since they are babies, they go potty all.the.time.  You will have just brought them in from going potty outside, and yet one or both will sniff around and start to pee.  We've gone through a lot of paper towels and carpet cleaner.  We just need to be vigilant and they will soon learn that the house is not a potty.

 
I have to take their photo while they are sleeping because they won't pose for me.  They have too much energy.  They each have a rope to chew on and play with.  I love when you play tug-of-war with them and they growl, shake their head, and bark.  Last night they each had an end of the same rope.  It was fun watching them play together.  Speck won the tugging contest.
I worry about them like they are my babies.  I have a dog carrier crate that they sleep in at night, and I put them in there while I am gone at class or visiting a practicum site.  I wonder if they are barking or whining,  are they playing nicely, have they made a mess of their carrier, etc.

They are just so cute and fun.  I almost can't wait until they are bigger and walk well on the leash.  I am looking forward to the exercise.  But I will enjoy these puppy days because they don't stay this way for long.

4 comments:

  1. They are so cute! I want one!! I love the little sleeping puppy ying yang too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww....so they are christmas puppies! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least they have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah they're both pretty cute. Are their collars jeweled?

    ReplyDelete