Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Top O' the Mornin' to Ye.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Green is one of my favorite colors and I look good wearing it.

Here is an Irish Blessing for you all:

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
And the rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, 
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

I don't have any specific St. Patrick's Day traditions.  I am thinking of making food that is green.  Maybe I will make some Irish Soda Bread, or Irish Potato Bread.  I could make some potato pancakes.  I asked Kyle if he would like to have corned beef and cabbage today for dinner.  He looked at me, with a disgusted look upon his face, and said, "How about some pizza instead."

I need to look through my videos and see if I have a copy of Darby O'Gill and the Little People.  Maybe I can find it at Blockbuster or Comcast On Demand.  I think the little kids would enjoy watching it.

4 comments:

  1. Naomi, I'LL eat corned beef and cabbage with you! It's one of my favorites. I said the same thing to Andon and he gagged too. What's wrong with these fellas?!

    And Happy Birthday to the Relief Society today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already had my corned beef earlier this week. I had the cabbage but when I was going to cut it up I saw that it wasn't so fresh. So we just had corned beef and onions and potatoes. It was still really good. Tony had corned beef sandwiches for his lunch for three days in a row. He didn't mind at all. I bet if Kyle tried it he'd like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my friend asked her husband if he'd like corned beef for st paddy's day. he replied, "ummmm...(disgusted look) when I'm ready to taste BUTT, I'll let you know." hahahahaha!

    corned beef tastes a lot better than it smells. that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete