Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day at the Zoo

Friday I went with Chloe's Kindergarten class to the Hogle Zoo.  I was one of the parent helpers.  I had a small group of 5 kids, one of them being Chloe. 
One of the little boys didn't want to be a part of the picture.

We saw monkeys, tigers, camels, snakes, penguins, birds, kangaroos, giraffes, elephants and rhinos to name a few. 
We rode on the little train.  We even played at the playground there.  The weather was nice and cool.  It rained a bit.  The kids did pretty well.  I lost two of them once (one of them being Chloe).  There was a little bit of whining about when can we ride the train, when are we going to eat,  my feet hurt, can we play on the playground, etc.
Oh, I saw a friend of mine from high school days.  Vicki was there with her two youngest children.  It was nice to talk with her, but of course the kids were bored because we were just standing there.
All in all, I think the kids had a pretty good time.  I know I was pooped when we got home.  I took a nice long nap on the couch.

2 comments:

  1. looks like you all had fun, even with chloe getting lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to the zoo. The kids should be glad you did not put them in the monkey cage.

    ReplyDelete