Monday, May 24, 2010

Had a Nice Visit

My mother and my sister Ruth came to Utah for a visit.  They came to my house to watch Chloe's Kindergarten graduation.  Chloe's class sang, had a slide show and received their diplomas.  During the slide show, we of course looked for any pictures of Chloe.  But I was in a few of the pictures since I had been a mother helper in Chloe's class.  I turned to my mom and said, "Mom, that was me in the movie.  Did you see me Mom?"  She laughed, nodded that yes she saw me.  Then afterward, she said, "Oh, I should have said, That's my little girl."

After the graduation, we went out for lunch.  Kyle took his lunch break from work and met us there at Barry's Parkview Drive-In.  Then it was to my house.  We played games, watched some videos and took naps.  We played Dictionary Dabble and Upwords.  We watched the two Brian Regan videos that I had.  Ruth and Mom were cracking up.

On Saturday we went to my sister Emma's house.  We had a nice visit with her family and with a few friends too.  It was good to catch up.  The food was good too.  There was an assortment of kabobs,sides,  snacks and the kids made S'mores on the new fire pit.  Chloe called them snores.  We had a god laugh at that.

We went back on Sunday evening.  This time to play games.  We played Qwirkle, Apples to Apples, and Mad Gab.  We snacked and snacked.  Of course, the diet starts tomorrow, right?

4 comments:

  1. So fun! I'm glad they could come for her graduation. So cute!

    "Snores"! Made me laugh. I was always the one mixing up my words growing up so I can relate to Chloe! (my chaps are lipped, fish marinate to the sea, and on and on.) They call them Katie-isms in my family. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. just think - first grade next fall! you will have a new sense of freedom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I won't need a sitter during the days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those weekends are the best...especially when you get to spend them with the ones you love. :)

    ReplyDelete