Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

So my day started out pretty nice.  I was able to sleep in a bit, we don't have church until 11am.  Nobody had to run off to meetings in the morning, they had all been canceled for Mother's Day. 

At church there were a few youth speakers talking about their moms and motherhood.  The Primary kids sand 2 numbers.  My kids actually sang and didn't just stand up there waving at me.  The mothers were given a music CD of hymns out of the hymnal that Emma Smith had put together.

After church, Kyle and I cooked together to make my Mother's Day brunch.  But it wasn't technically brunch since it was at 3pm.  We made a frittata, home fries and scones.  The scones were not what people out here in Utah call scones, which is just fry bread, but the type of scones you would find in a New England bakery.  They are like breakfast cookies.  The recipes I got from Anne Burrell, she is a chef and star of Food Network's Secrets of a restaurant chef.  She was also one of the chef mentors for the Worst Cooks in America competition.

Kyle really like the frittata and home fries.  I really liked the scones.  I want to make them again, but try some other dried fruit and nut combinations.

Anyway, Chloe had made me a book for Mother's Day.  Kyle's mom sent me a bouquet of flowers.  I have yet to tell Kyle what gift I want.  I sent my mom a bracelet and a necklace, one was for her birthday and the other was for Mother's Day.

So I had a nice relaxing day with good food and good company.

5 comments:

  1. If you click on the words frittata, home fries and scones it links you to the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Food Network. Those Scones look amazing. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo, will you make some scones when i am out there? i'm interested to see what they are like.

    ReplyDelete