Saturday, March 21, 2009

Exciting News!

I got accepted into the Special Education Teaching Program at BYU. I will start this Fall Semester. I am so excited! I just need to finish up some General Education classes this Spring/Summer semester and I will be all set. I feel like there is an end in sight. I can start to plan on when to graduate and get a move on my career.





If I do a student teaching, which is three months without pay, I could graduate December of 2010. But if I do an internship for a whole school year, at 1/2 teachers salary (which is about what I make right now) I would graduate April 2011. It's 6 to 1, half dozen to the other.


I feel that I could handle an internship. I've been working in the classrooms for many years and know how to run a class. I'm not going to be some newbie that needs a lot of guidance. So that's what I'm leaning towards.


I just feel like if I can graduate and get a teaching position before Zac graduates high school then I will be in good shape. I think he is Class of 2012 so I should be in good shape. I'm just thinking ahead of making a better income to prepare for his mission and college and then for the kids to follow.

5 comments:

  1. yeah, that would be nice. be done by the time zac will leave and need more financial help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sure you will figure it all out. after all, you are the planning/list-making queen!
    congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you !!!!!

    A light at the end of the tunnel. You are an example to your children that education is important and to work hard for what you really want.

    Good jub.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were the example to your children that education is important. I am often thinking, "Why didn't I finish school while I was younger?" But then I also think, "if my mom could do it, so can I."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you can be my example. If you can do it, I can do it. Right? My schooling is put off for a little while now, but I will finish someday.

    ReplyDelete