Friday, December 18, 2009

A Christmas Meme


The last time I went caroling - last month I went with the Primary kids and we sang Primary songs to the elderly in our ward.  I haven't been Christmas caroling in I don't know how long.

My favorite Drink in the winter is - Hot Chocolate.  In the winter I have a cup and some buttered toast for breakfast about every morning.  I love the Stephen's gourmet hot cocoas.  This year I have tried their cinnamon cocoa and their dulce de leche caramel cocoa.  I have yet to try their chocolate orange.

My favorite Holiday meal - I love to cook a nice formal Christmas dinner.  We use the china and crystal, and last year I got fancy flatware.

I think Fruit Cake - is something that people love to hate.

One tradition we had growing up - was that we couldn't come out of our rooms on Christmas morning until we heard my mother's Christmas albums playing softly.  That was our signal that it was OK to open presents.

One tradition we have now - When my husband and I are out Christmas shopping we stop at Apollo Burger and I get some baklava.

I get my Christmas Tree from - which ever local place has nice ones that are cheap.

I decorate - usually the first weekend in December.

On Christmas Eve I/we usually - probably watch Christmas movies.  I'm anxious for the kids to go to bed so that I can fill their stockings.

On Christmas morning I/we wake up - I am usually the first one up and am always surprised that my kids aren't up and waiting to open presents.  I play Christmas music and bake something to arouse them from their slumber.

One special thing I make at Christmas time is - sugar cookies that the kids help me cut out and decorate.

My Favorite Christmas song is - I have sooo many... "With Wondering Awe" "Ave Maria" "Baby It's Cold Outside"

Every Christmas - we play all day, watch whatever movies we got as gifts, eat a lot of candy from our stockings, we put together the toys, play outside in the snow and just hang out being lazy.

I hang my stockings - on posts that divide the family room from the living room.

Something I look forward to at Christmas time is - getting Christmas cards and getting treats from the neighbors.

My Favorite Thing about the Holidays - is spending time with family & friends.

Something I want to start incorporating is - having more Christ centered activities

2 comments:

  1. love baklava, but it has to be good! I'm sort of a baklava snob! lol! oh, and my friend does the 12 days of christmas with Christ-centered activities. sort of like a mini FHE...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's funny that your kids aren't up at the crack of dawn like you'd think they'd be. I like that you bake something. Maybe I'll do that this year. But do you make them eat first or let them open presents first?

    ReplyDelete