Friday, January 22, 2010

Motivation

OK, I've been a member of Curves for about 3 years.  I like the workout.  I like the people who work and workout there.  I like the assortment of music to listen to while working out.  I have lost weight while being a member, but always seem to put it back on during the holidays.  I also let other things get in the way of working out.  Some days sleep is just a better option than getting up and going down to Curves.

When I workout, I put a butterfly sticker on the calendar.  This way I can visually see how many times I've been there this week.  I used to go walking in the evenings and would put on another sticker for that.  I thought that this would be motivating.  But is a sticker a reward enough to exercise?  Apparently not.

So now, Kyle and I are trying to decide what I can earn.  Like a token system.  I exercise to earn sticker, then maybe I can trade in the stickers for something.  Or maybe the reward isn't based on the number of workouts (stickers) but on the inches or pounds lost.  We haven't worked that out yet.

We've discussed purchasing a new wardrobe when the weight is lost, or a new wedding ring set, or a gift certificate or something.  Yesterday Kyle asked if a cruise would be motivating?  I had to think about that because I've never been on a cruise and lately it seems like everyone I know is going or has gone on one.  A mother and her daughter just got back from a cruise in Hawaii.  One family went on a cruise to Mexico for Christmas.  Another family went on a Caribbean cruise during Thanksgiving.  Kyle's parents are going on a cruise in April, I think to the Virgin Islands.  And just this morning while talking to a Curves member she is going on a cruise next month with some friends.

So, this morning as I was getting dressed to go exercise and Kyle was getting ready for work, I stated, "Well, I am going to workout so I can have a bathing suit body for a cruise."

If you've been on a cruise, do you have suggestions for us as far as a destination, specific cruise lines, etc?

6 comments:

  1. That is a great motivation. I haven't been on one so I can't give any suggestions but where ever you go you're gonna have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think my in-laws prefer the princess cruise line. i've never been on a cruise and i don't plan on going on one any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to Alaska on a cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonder who mrbusdr is taking with him

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe we can plan to go together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have ALWAYS wanted to go on an Alaskan Cruise!!!!! It's only been on my "bucket list" for freakin ever! oh - but i know the 3-4 day cruises down to encinada are probably the cheapest. "Carnival" cruises are supposed to be the "fun ships". but there is a girl I know who takes lots of cruises. She talked about cruises on her blog last year. check out this Cruises Part I and this Cruises Part II

    ReplyDelete