Thursday, January 7, 2010

One of My Instructors

Tuesday, I was sitting in my first class of Teachings of the Living Prophets, Religion 333.  In walks my instructor, Lloyd D. Newell. I thought, "Man, he looks familiar."  At first I thought he looked similar to one of the Special Education professors.  Then as he began to talk and explain the syllabus and how the class will go, I thought, "Man, he looks and sounds like the guy who does the Music and the Spoken Word and narrates the televised General Conference sessions."  But, I could not think of what that guy's name was.  So, after class, I was talking with a few classmates and I said, "Is it just me, or does he look like the guy who does Music and the Spoken Word?  The told me that it is him.  I feel like, "Wow, my instructor is a celebrity", well, maybe in Mormon Culture.

Lloyd D. Newell





3 comments:

  1. I had Jack Weyland as a physical science teacher and he was also the high councilman for Sunday school in my college stake so he got to know Tony pretty well and me a little bit. I felt so special. I think you're really going to enjoy your class because his voice is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's cool! this guy teaches your class, you saw that actor at the temple. you must be living a charmed life.

    ReplyDelete